7 Card Stud is a version of Stud poker that was for a long time a favorite amongst American and European poker players – up till Texas hold em’ gained fame and developed quite a following.
The 7 Card Stud however is still played by many poker fanatics across the globe and is available at most casinos and you might find yourself enjoying this variant of poker that allows you more cards to play around with to create your best poker hand.
Here’s an idea of how the 7 Card Stud poker game is played:
- All players are required to place an initial bet into the pot
- Players are then dealt two cards face-down and one card face-up each. This is followed by the first round of betting, called the Bring In. This is initiated by the player with the lowest face-up card at the table
- Players are dealt with one card face-up or Fourth Street. This is followed by the second round of betting and this is initiated by the player with the highest hand showing
- Players are then dealt with another card face-up or Fifth Street. This is followed by the third round of betting
- Players are then dealt with one more card face-up or Sixth Street and this is followed by the fourth round of betting
- The final card is dealt to players face down or the River indicating the last round of betting
- Now players are to use 5 of their 7 cards to make their best poker hand, this is called the Showdown
With your odds of making a great hand raised, the 7 Card Stud is a pretty exciting alternative to the regular Texas Hold Em’.